Working on goal #9.
Technically, there’s no cooking involved, but I can eat it for a few days.
- 1/2 head each red and green cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, shredded
- Large handful each cilantro and parsley, chopped
- About 1/2 cup vinegar (I used a mixture of balsamic and red wine)
- Old Bay seasoning
- 2 shallots, chopped finely
- About 1 tsp dijon mustard
- About 1 Tbsp cane juice crystals
- Pepper, salt
- About 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
Mix all together in a large bowl, adjusting seasoning to taste. I like this best in a meal inspired by Nicola Griffith’s book Always: take either dark bread or Scandinavian style rye flatbreads (Wasa, e.g.), slather hummus on it, and dump coleslaw on top.
I’m also dehydrating kale chips (goal #10). Ingredients: 1 head dinosaur kale, 2 cloves garlic minced, extra-virgin olive oil. Wash kale, rip into chunks, mix together, dehydrate at 125 for 4 hours or so. They smell good, but I think I undershot the oil this time.
Now to watch a video about Pediatric Advanced Life Support…